Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yoga as Oasis.

Your Yoga practice should not become another neurotic routine. A Yoga practice is a time to connect within. It is a time to connect to something beyond to the everyday mind, to something sacred.

When I practice I notice my thoughts and I see my resistance to going beyond thought. It is in this instant I 'see' my Ego's attachment to its own survival.

I believe the ego is a necessary thing, in time.

We need to think, and we need to make plans - if we are choosing to live in this world.

But there are times, many times I would say, when we don't need it, when it is a nice thing to switch it off.

The rest of the time we abide in peace.

So this is what the practice for me is for. Because sometimes it feels difficult to let go, and sometimes it seems hard to get 'out of my head' - so I do some Pranayama, some Asana, and some meditation.

Yoga is a tool.

Ego is a tool.

We are human.

What does it mean to be human? What do we do? What are we supposed to do?
What is life for?

We breathe. We eat. We go to the toilet. We drink. We sleep. We have sex. We laugh. We cry. We feel sad. We worry. We are grateful. We are ungrateful. We dance. We sing. We fight. We argue. We want to be something. We can't be bothered. We are tired. We have too much energy.

We think........ too much.

Relax.
Enjoy this life.

Yoga can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment