Monday, May 6, 2013

Yoga is NOT magic.

If you enjoy being miserable that's a choice you've made.

I don't enjoy being miserable, and still find myself, on occasion, being miserable.

The mind is a very strong and cunning adversary. It will not let go without a fight.

Do you know what I mean?

The mind, the ego, the conditioned mind, call it what you like. I'm talking about the voice in the head that tells you things, the one that tells you you're better than everyone, or worse than everyone, or whatever it needs to tell you to fit the occasion.

If you can detach from this little voice, it's fascinating to see what it will tell you.

Do I sound like a madman?

Well anyway if you understand, you understand, if you don't, you don't. It's not my problem really :))

I've decided, for the time being at least, to use every moment possible to become more aware of the present moment.

It seems like the only sane thing to do.

The alternative is to think about how I can make my life better, because it seems to be so crap at the moment. Hmmm, maybe even have a drink or a smoke to help myself feel better - only joking!

You are whatever your thoughts tell you you are, until you realise the you are not your thoughts.

Simple and effective remedies available from your own intelligence. Use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment