Thursday, August 1, 2013

You are or you ain't.

I stumbled upon Yoga one day, almost by accident. When I tried it, I didn't think it was a big deal really. I had a teacher that talked too much, and had a big ego. I always enjoyed breathing though. That made me feel good. And feeling good, was what I wanted, always had done.
Eventually I discovered another teacher, he had a big ego too. He had his own Yoga centre, and other people went to it. It was more interesting there. He did lots of breathing, I felt good. But I still wasn't convinced.
Then I got very ill, and was in and out of hospital for a year. At the end of my treatment I was very frail. I went to Yoga. It made me feel better. I liked feeling better, and continued to go, and continued to get better. I was hooked.
After two or three years, my big ego Yoga teacher suggested I do the training. I did.

I didn't sit down one day and decide I wanted to be a Yoga teacher. I became one because I kept putting one foot in front of the other. Some days I felt so bad, I wanted to die. But I went to Yoga, because I knew it would make me feel better. My judgements about my teacher were mine to deal with. Who's perfect?
I'm very grateful to all of my teachers. Just for doing what they did. They, like me, probably have no idea most of the time how much impact they have on certain individuals when they do what they do.

Turn up and practice.

Get real about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment